- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Close Caribbean Encounters and applies to your use of Close Caribbean Encounters’ websites, products and services.
- This Policy covers how Close Caribbean Encounters treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services.
- When we refer to “personal information”, what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, credit card information, precise location data, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Close Caribbean Encounters does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties.
Information Collection and Use
- Close Caribbean Encounters collects personal information about you when you:
- Visit and use our websites;
- Register or subscribe for our Services;
- Open our email newsletters;
- Visit the websites of or make bookings through some Close Caribbean Encounters partners;
- Participate in a member review;
- Are referred deals by a user of the site; and
We may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, Instant Messaging address, mailing address (including country of residence, and telephone number);
- Demographic information such as birth year, gender and occupation;
- Information concerning your personal preferences and other personal interests;
- Information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services; and
- Your IP address and technical data data such as device type and OS version. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services. Close Caribbean Encounters receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register or subscribe with Close Caribbean Encounters.
- We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We use this information to:
- Provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- Customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- Contact you with offers by Close Caribbean Encounters that we think may be of interest to you;
- Conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal use;
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers or other third parties;
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Close Caribbean Encounters from specific countries or regions of the world;
- Assist third party advertisers to track the effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, such as to track visits to and business on the advertised websites; and
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that we host.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Close Caribbean Encounters cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the Close Caribbean Encounters web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
- Close Caribbean Encounters does not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties. However, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- If you are making a purchase on the Site, we often work with third parties and trusted business partners to securely collect your banking details and other verifying information. Our third parties partners are required to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information they receive and/or process on our behalf. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We assume no liability for disclosure of personal information due to, among other things, errors in transmission or unauthorized third parties;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Close Caribbean Encounters and our marketing partners, or to provide you with our location based services. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share your personal data for any other purposes, however they may use aggregate data for statistical purposes;
- We may also provide data to our third party analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, for the purposes of tracking usage information. We will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service. To opt-out of Google Analytics use of your information, please visit: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We may contract with third parties to analyze our customer data and/or handle web chat, email, customer services and other services. These third parties may monitor or record telephone calls in order to evaluate and improve the overall customer experience. The companies we employ to help us with these tasks may have access to personal data to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes;
- We may invite you to write a member review on your personal experience and display the information that you provide us. When submitting a review you should not provide any personally information that you do not wish to make publicly available. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via the feedback form at the end of this policy. You may also wish to leave a comment on one of our posts by means of a third party, such as Facebook or Disqus. Please be aware that you may be sharing information with these other networks;
- We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations;
- Comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Close Caribbean Encounters’ Terms & Conditions or as otherwise required by law;
- Perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Close Caribbean Encounters, our employees, our members, and our Services.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you in order to improve the services we offer you, improve our marketing efforts, perform analytics, or improve site functionality.
Data Transfer and Storage
- Please note that the information Close Caribbean Encounters collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country. By providing your personal information to Close Caribbean Encounters, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country.
- Close Caribbean Encounters may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
Questions/Your Privacy Rights
Close Caribbean Encounters
2593 GM, DEN HAAG